Sweet Potato Crunch Casserole
A sweet dessert like side dish. Packed with
vitamin A and protein, this is a healthier
version of your traditional holiday sweet
Light, creamy, and crunchy all at the same
time. What more could you ask for? You
won't miss the marshmallows!
2 lbs sweet potatoes peeled and chopped
1/2 cup coconut or almond milk
2 tbsp coconut butter (or coconut oil)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt, divided
1 large egg beaten
1 cup old fashioned oats
2/3 cups chopped, pecans
2 tbsp flour (I used oat flour)
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Place potatoes in a sauce pan covered with water
and bring to a boil. Simmer 6 minutes until tender.
3. Drain potatoes and place in bowl. Add milk, butter,
vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, 1/4 tsp salt, and egg.
4. Beat with mixer until creamy.
5. Spread mixture into the bottom of 9x9 square pan
or pie plate caoted with cooking spray or oil.
6. Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl. Toss to
7. Sprinkle oat mixture over potatoes.
8. Bake for 20 minutes until surface is golden.
*Drizzle with additional tbs maple syrup for a sweeter dish.