"Candied" Cinnamon Almonds
Just like the candied nuts you are used to
getting during the holidays. These have a
sweet crunchy outer layer and just sticky
enough to clump together.
The difference here. . . no corn syrups or
processed sugars. All natural goodness!
1 lb Raw Almonds
1 Egg White
1/4 tsp Ground Ginger
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
3/4 cup Coconut Sugar
(or your favorite sugar substitute)
1. Preheat Oven to 250 degrees. Line a
rimmed baking sheet with foil and spray
lightly with cooking spray.
2. Beat egg white in mixing bowl until frothy,
then add vanilla and beat until combined.
3. Add almonds to bowl and stir to combine.
4. In a separate bowl, combine sugar and
spices. Stir to combine.
5. Add sugar mixture to almonds and stir
again to combine.
6. Spread almonds in a single layer on
prepared baking sheet and bake for 1 hour,
stirring every 15 minutes to prevent burning.
7. Let almonds cool, uncovered. Store in
airtight container at room temperature.