Lemon Chicken with Crisp Vegetables
A perfectly cooked chicken breast and crisp
vegetables make the perfect healthy dinner.
The lemon caramelizes on the bottom of
the pan and adds a complex flavor to this
1 lb Chicken Breasts, boneless, skinless
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
2 tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tsp Lemon Pepper Seasoning
1 lb Asparagus
1 Red Pepper, sliced in strips
1 Lemon, sliced
1. Flatten chicken to 3/4" thick and sprinkle
with salt and pepper while olive oil is heating
in a shallow pan.
2. Add chicken and saute 3-5 minutes per
side on med-high heat.
3. Remove from pan and sprinkle with
lemon pepper seasoning.
4. Add lemon slices to the pan and top with
asparagus and red pepper slices.
5. Cover and cook about 3 minutes until
vegetables are slightly tender.
6. Pull out caramelized lemon slices, add
chicken back to pan with vegetables and
top with lemon slices.
7. Reheat until chicken is warm and
vegetables are cooked as desired (this
should take just a few minutes).
*Serve alone, or with a complex
carbohydrate such as brown rice or