Dark Chocolate Cherry Granola Bites (Heart Shaped for Valentine's Day!)
We have seriously upgraded the nutritional
value of that heart shaped box of chocolates
for Valentine's Day.
Dark Chocolate and dried tart cherries are
delicious paired with nuts and seeds. It is
a sweet treat (thanks to the raw honey) but
high in fiber, Omega 3 fatty acids, vitamin E,
This power packed snack or dessert is very
filling, so you will feel satisfied after just one
serving. No need to eat that whole box of
1/4 cup Coconut Oil
1/4 cup Raw Honey
1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1/4 tsp Salt
1 cup Rolled Oats
1/2 cup Hemp Hearts
1/4 cup Sunflower Seeds
1/2 cup Toasted Walnuts, chopped
1/2 cup Dried Cherries, chopped
1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
1. Melt coconut oil and honey together. Cook
on medium heat until the mixture starts to
2. Stir in vanilla and salt, then remove from
3. Next add oats, hemp hearts, sunflower
seeds, and walnuts until well combined.
4. Allow to cool a few minutes, then add
cherries and chocolate chips.
5. Press into a silicone mold and pack tightly.
6. Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours to
set before popping out of the molds.
*If you don't have a silicone mold, you can use
a mini muffin tin or press into a parchment
lined baking dish and cut into squares after