Made with only nuts and seeds (no grains), this snack gets you your granola fix without all the carbs and added sugar. It's yummy with milk, yogurt, or just by the handful! My kids love this and I'm glad they are getting loaded up on healthy fats and protein during snack time. It's also a perfect treat if you follow a low carb, gluten free, keto, or paleo eating style.
1/4 cup Almond Butter
1/4 cup Coconut Oil
1 tsp Vanilla
3 cups Nuts (almonds, pecans, walnuts, pecans, ect)
2 tbsp Cinnamon
1/4 cup Coconut Flour
2 tbsp Coconut Sugar
1/4 cup Swerve Sweetener
1 tsp Salt
1 cup Hemp Seeds
1/4 cup Flax Seed, ground
1 cup Shredded Coconut, unsweetened
2 Egg Whites
2 tbsp Water
1. Combine melted almond butter, coconut oil, and vanilla in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Add nuts to a food processor and pulse until they are in small pieces (do not over process to a point of powder or you will have nut butter).
3. Add ground nuts and next 8 ingredients to a large bowl and combine. Add liquid ingredients to the bowl and mix well.
4. Combine egg whites and water, adding to nut mixture until well incorporated.
5. Spread on baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 300 degrees for 30 minutes, turning tray halfway so it browns evenly.
6. Allow granola to cool completely on counter and then break into pieces. Store in tightly sealed container at room temperature.
*This yields a chunky granola (my favorite), but if you prefer smaller pieces you can stir during the halfway point.
**Watch the granola closely the last few minutes so that it doesn't burn on the edges.