I have a favorite restaurant salad similar to this one that uses lobster, so I was excited to experiment with a crab "stacked" salad. It looked so pretty I almost didn't want to eat it, but it tasted too good not to!
Similar to a cobb salad in ingredients, but topped with crab meat and a Old Bay Vinaigrette that reminds me of Maryland . . .Yum!
Made 2 dinner size portions or 4 side salads.
1/2 lb Lump Crab Meat
1 tbs Avocado Oil
2 strips Bacon, cooked
1/2 Avocado, diced
1 medium Tomato, diced
2 oz Blue Cheese, crumbled
2 cups Romaine Lettuce, chopped
Old Bay Vinaigrette
- 1 tbs yellow mustard
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tbs Avocado Oil
1. Heat oil in a small saucepan and saute crab meat until warm.
2. Assemble salad in order listed starting with crab, then bacon, etc in a cup, small bowl, or large ramekin.*
3. Turn the bowl over onto a plate and gently tap the top to loosen the ingredients.
4. Combine mustard, lemon juice, and Old Bay in a bowl and the whisk in oil.
5. Drizzle vinaigrette over the top of the assembled salad.
*Of course this would taste just as good all tossed together in a bowl!