This the perfect snack with one exception . . . I want to eat the whole pan as soon as it comes out of the oven.
Granola has always been a favorite in my family, but I was disappointed with the ingredient list of most I found on the shelf. You can find a few good ones made with healthy oils and without additives, but they come with a hefty price tag. This granola is super easy (my 7 year old can basically make it herself) and much less expensive than store bought.
1/2 cup Coconut Oil
1/4 cup Coconut Sugar (or Swerve for Sugar Free)
2 cups Rolled Oats
1/2 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
1/2 cup Hemp Seed (or flax seeds)
1/2 cup Pecans, chopped
1 Egg White*
1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chips (I use Lily Brand Dairy and Sugar Free)
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Melt coconut oil in microwave or stove stop and stir in sugar or swerve until dissolved.
2. Combine oats, coconut, seeds, and pecans in a large bowl.
3. Pour coconut oil over dry ingredients and stir well. Then fold in lightly beaten egg white.
4. Spread mixture on a parchment covered baking sheet.
5. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Allow to cool before breaking into pieces and stirring in chocolate chips.
*The egg white helps bind the ingredients for a "chunkier" granola. You can omit the egg white if you have an allergy or follow a Vegan diet.