Autumn has arrived with it's chilly mornings that make me want to stay in bed "just a few more minutes".
The problem is, I'm not willing to rush out the door handing my kids a packaged snack and call it breakfast. I truly believe that the food we eat at the start of the day sets the tone in terms of energy and food choices for the rest of our day.
What if I told you there was a way to fit a delicious breakfast in each morning that requires little time and effort, no matter how rushed you feel? What if all you needed was a blender and microwave to cook up autumn favorite flavors . . . Apples, oats, pumpkin, and cinnamon.
It is possible! In fact, in just minutes if you prepare a bit the night before. And it’s why I want to share with you 3 simple, healthy, and tasty breakfast recipes made with only a handful of ingredients for your busiest mornings.
And I can bet that these no-fuss recipes will not only save you time and energy in the morning but will keep your family energized at work and school through the day.
1. Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup Rolled Oats
- 1 tbsp Chia seeds
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 tsp Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 tbs Chopped Pecans
- Add all ingredients to a jar except pecans. and cover tightly with a lid.
- Cover tightly with a lid and shake until thoroughly combined.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Add a splash more of almond milk and warm for about a minute in the microwave. Top with chopped pecans and serve.
2. Apple Cinnamon Smoothie
- 1/2 Green Apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup Spinach
- 2 tbsp Hemp Seed (can substitute pecans or walnuts)
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 6 ice cubes
- Combine all ingredients in a blender (can use a whole apple and no spinach if you prefer).
- Blend well and serve Immediately.
3. Quick Ham, Egg, and Cheese Scramble
- 1 oz Sharp Cheddar, grated
- 1 oz cooked ham, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp Milk or milk alternative
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- Add all ingredients to a 10-12 oz jar and secure lid tightly. (can be prepared the night before and kept in the refrigerator)
- Shake for about 20 seconds until well combined.
- Remove lid and microwave 60 seconds and check consistency. Continue to cook at 15 seconds intervals until eggs are set.
Just as I promised . . . You don’t have to spend hours slaving over the stove to make something healthy and delicious on a busy morning.
No time to even measure out a few ingredients (or want something simple enough your kids could make it on their own)?
Check out our favorite Plant Based (vegan) meal replacement shake with balanced protein and carbohydrates for a strong start to the morning . . . Salted Caramel Meal Shake.
What about the rest of your day? If you are ready to balance your nutrition and supplementation to best fuel your day to reach energy, weight loss, or sports performance goals click the button below to read more about how we can help: