It doesn't get much healthier than this "pasta" dish. You've got leafy greens, lean protein, and zucchini noodles for extra veggies. If you eat dairy, I would highly recommend a sprinkling of parmesan cheese. If not, this pesto has plenty of flavor without it!
Paleo. Dairy free. Keto. Gluten Free.
- 1 cup Pistachios
- 3 cups Spinach
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tbs Oregano
- 1 clove Garlic
- 2 tbs Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- 3 lbs Raw Shrimp (thawed if previously frozen)
- 2 tbs Avocado Oil
- 2 Zucchini, spiralized (or cooked pasta noodles if you prefer)
- Add all ingredients for pesto sauce in a food processor until smooth.
- Heat oil in a large pan (I used cast iron) over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook 2-3 minutes per side.
- Add pesto and zucchini noodles to the pan and toss to coat. Continue to cook until heated through and zucchini is cooked to your liking.*
*I only sautee my zucchini noodles for a few minutes because I like them to still have some bite to them like al dente pasta. If you substitute regular pasta noodles they will need to first be cooked according to package instructions.