I love trail mix! Fortunately, over the years I have upgraded from M&Ms and peanuts to versions packed with protein, healthy fats, and natural sweeteners.
The problem I have with trail mix is all the little pieces. That's why my go-to snack is a granola with big chunks still intact (you won't find me stirring my granola every 10 minutes to break up all that goodness).
So, I decided to combine the two . . . . all my trail mix favorites stuck together like a chunky granola. You can easily substitute your favorite dried fruits, seeds, and nuts, but I have to see this combination is AMAZING!
Gluten Free. Grain Free. Dairy Free. Refined Sugar-Free.
- 2 cups Raw Cashews
- 1 cup Almonds, chopped
- 1 cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1 cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1/2 cup Chopped Dates
- 1 cup Dried Blueberries
- 1/3 cup Maple Flavored Sugar-Free Syrup*
- 1 tbs Coconut Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbs Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Add remaining ingredients to a small saucepan and heat until melted and combined.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and combine well.
- Spread evenly over the prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes (may need to turn pan halfway if your oven doesn't cook evenly like mine).
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Break off large chunks and store in an airtight container.
*I love Lakanto Brand Maple Flavored Sugar Free Syrup made with monk fruit. You can find it by clicking the link below. This keeps the carbohydrate and sugar lower in this recipe.