With breakfast buffets lined with muffins and pastries, it's no wonder we are conditioned to want sweet for breakfast. But when cutting out gluten and grains we aren't left with much else than eggs and smoothies for breakfast. These are great, healthy options, but often leave me craving the massive coffee shop sweet roll.
All the nuts and seeds in this recipe are ground in the food processor to give the texture of an oatmeal, so you can enjoy the chewy goodness without the carbs and grains.
Don't be intimidated by the long list of ingredients (full of protein and healthy fats). . . these are really simple to make using a food processor. Enjoy for breakfast, a snack, or even dessert!
- 1 cup Unsweetened Coconut
- 1 cup Raw Almonds
- 1 cup Raw Hazelnuts (or other raw nuts)
- 1 cup Shelled Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 cup Hemp Seeds
- 2 cup Almond Flour
- 1 cup Swerve Sweetener
- 1 1/2 tbs Baking Powder
- 1 tbs Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup Melted Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a 9x13 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, combine the coconut, nuts, and seeds. Pulse until the mixture resembles dry oats.
- Pour into a large bowl and add flour, sweetener, baking powder, spices, and salt.
- In a separate bowl combine all the wet ingredients. Then add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- Spread the batter into the prepared dish and bake for 30 minutes, until the edges start to brown and the top is firm (cover the edges if they are browning too quickly. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before cutting.