I'm a Maryland Girl and this week's summer holiday celebration should have included Blue Crabs. Getting them shipped to Tennessee is ridiculously expensive, so Chesapeake Bay Lump Crab Meat had to suffice. I didn't mind though - this crab dip is amazing.
I've tried making this completely dairy free and it just isn't the same, so I compromised and choose my favorite lactose-free ingredients. I stayed gluten free with (again my favorite) almond flour crackers and veggies to dip.
- 1 lb Lump Crab Meat
- 8-ounces cream cheese (I use lactose-free)
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise (I use avocado oil mayo)
- 1 tsp Dry Mustard
- 1 tbs Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/2 cup Grated Cheddar Cheese (I use lactose-free)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine softened cream cheese, mayo, mustard, old bay, and 1/4 cup of the cheddar cheese in a bowl.
- Gently fold in the crab dip and spread into an 8x8 or equivalent baking dish. Top with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until hot and cheese is bubbly.
- Serve warm.