I call these "So easy my 8 year old can make them" Crepes, yet they look so much more sophisticated than pancakes. Just toss in a blender until smooth and pour in a hot skillet. The best part for me - cooking one minute per side allows me to get a full stack in no time.
Despite then name, Buckwheat isn't actually wheat so these are gluten free - as well as sugar and dairy free.
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 1 tbsp Swerve Sweetener*
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Arrowroot Powder
- 2/3 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Buckwheat (gluten-free flour)
- 2 tbsp Swerve Sweetener*
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
Optional - Swerve Powdered Sweetener*
- Combine ingredients for blueberry sauce in a small saucepan, heating over medium heat and whisking frequently until thick and saucy. Set aside to cool.
- Add all ingredients for the crepes to a blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Heat a medium-size skillet over medium-high heat and spray with nonstick spray (I used coconut oil spray).
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter into the pan at a time while quickly turning it so batter is thinly spread around the pan.
- Cook for 1 minutes or until set. Flip and cook an additional minute.
- Remove from pan and continue with remaining batter, respraying pan between every other crepe.
- Add sauce to center of crepes and roll up. Optional - top with a dusting of Swerve Powdered Sweetener.
*My favorite combo of Granulated and Powdered Sweetener. Measures and bakes like sugar. Cl