Make your Labor Day picnic menu light and fresh with this Blueberry Chicken Salad. This is a remake of the Outbanks Chicken Salad my mom always makes. I substituted a few ingredients including swapping the grapes for blueberries.
It's packed with protein, healthy fats, and antioxidants to fuel whatever you have planned for this holiday weekend. Add some strawberries on the side for a red, white, and blue dish that will look much more festive than the hot dogs your neighbors are grilling.
- 2 cups Chicken Breast, cooked and diced
- 1/2 cup Avocado Oil Mayonnaise
- 1 tbs Swerve Sweetener
- 1 tbs Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tbs Poppy Seeds
- 1/2 cup Celery, diced
- 2 Green Onions, chopped
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 1/2 cup Pecans, toasted and chopped
- In a large bowl combine mayonnaise, sweetener, vinegar, salt, pepper, and poppy seeds.
- Add the chicken, celery, and onions. Mix well.
- Add the blueberries and pecans tossing gently.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour and stir before serving. (I like to serve over a bed of greens with a few extra pecans on top)