Risotto is a winter comfort food usually loaded with cheese, carbs, and calories. This creamy dish has the flavor and the feel of your favorite savory dish without the heavy bloated feeling afterward.
Plus - by replacing the rice with cauliflower you are adding a serving of veggies with fiber and omega 3 fatty acids.
Paleo. Gluten Free. Keto friendly. Vegan if you omit the bacon.
- 16 oz package Frozen Riced Cauliflower (or about 2 cups)
- 4 strips Nitrate Free Bacon, chopped
- 1 tbs Olive OIl
- 2 stalks Celery, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 small Onion, minced
- 1/4 cup Broth (I used chicken bone broth)
- 1 can Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tbs Italian Parsley, minced
- Add chopped pieces of bacon to a large skillet over medium heat and cook until crispy. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add 1 tbs Olive oil (or just use bacon grease if you prefer) to the pan and saute vegetables until soft.
- Add frozen riced cauliflower and broth to the pan and cook until cauliflower is cooked -about 10 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper. Cook for 5 more minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, stir in bacon and parsley, and serve warm.