Can we have our cake and eat it too? Unfortunately, having the cake often results in inflammation, aches, pains, and even wrinkles. In fact, a diet high in sugar will make you look and feel older than you are.
The good news . . . there are powerful ingredients you can sneak into your diet that heal your body from the inside out. These blondies are full of healthy fats, collagen, and antioxidants that nourish your hair, nails, and skin. Additional benefits you won't see in the mirror include healing your digestive system, improving brain function, and keeping your joints healthy.
That's why I call these "Beauty Blondies". Enjoy your treat!
- 1/4 cup Cacao Butter*
- 3/4 cup Almond Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Swerve
- 1/4 cup Collagen Powder
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flour (omit for a more gooey center)**
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tbs Walnuts, chopped
- 2 tbs Dark Chocolate Chips (I use Lily's Brand)
- In a small saucepan, melt cacao butter and almond butter, stirring until smooth.
- Meanwhile, beat eggs and swerve until creamy with an electric mixer.
- Pour melted butters into egg mixture and beat until smooth.
- Stir in remaining ingredients until combined.
- Pour into 6 inch cast iron skillet and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
*Cacao butter is the pure oil of the cacao bean. Found in the natural food section, it is high in nutrients and antioxidants. It is solid at room temperature and must be melted in this recipe.
**Use coconut flour for a cake like blondie. If you desire a more gooey center, omit the coconut flour and increase almond butter to 1 cup.