How does a gluten-free Maryland girl eat her crab cakes?
With big chunks of crab meat, Old Bay Seasoning, and a few healthy swaps. Add some grilled vegetables and you have my favorite meal!
Paleo. Gluten Free. Grain Free. Dairy Free. Low Carb. Keto.
- 1 large Egg
- 2 tbs Avocado Oil Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dried Mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tbs Parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Almond Flour
- 1 lb Lump Crab Meat, checked for shells
- Combine egg, mayonnaise, spices, and flour until mixed well. Then gently fold in crab meat.
- Shape into about 6 (1/2 cup each) crab cakes and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cover and refrigerate at least one hour.
- Preheat broiler to 500 degrees. Place baking sheet a few inches from broiler and cook 8-10 minutes until golden brown. Watching carefully the last few minutes so they don't burn.
*I have substituted Ground Flax Seed for the almond flour for an even lower carb, higher fat version. The sweetness of the crab doesn't stand out quite as much, but still a reasonable substitution if you prefer.