There is nothing easier than a freezer meal you can drop in a slow cooker. You come home in the evening to yummy smells and a meal that can go straight to the table.
Plan ahead to fill your freezer with healthy meals and you will never have to order take out again. This recipe serves 4, but I double it to have two meals ready in the fridge. No extra work for twice the food!
Gluten Free. Grain Free. Dairy Free. Soy Free. Paleo.
- 1 1/2 pounds Flat Iron Steak, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup Arrowroot powder
- 2 tbs Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Fresh Ginger, grated
- 3/4 cup Coconut Aminos
- 1/2 cup Beef Bone Broth (or stock)
- 2 tbs Raw Unfiltered Honey
- 1 cup Shredded Carrots
- 1/3 cup Scallions, diced
- Toss strips of steak in arrowroot powder and set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a freezer ziplock bag and shake gently to combine.
- Add in strips of steak, toss with liquid, and double bag (just to be safe).
- Lay flat in freezer to store (or go ahead and toss in the slow cooker).
- When ready to cook, remove from freezer and place in a slow cooker on low for 5-6 hours.
- Add extra scallions, salt, and pepper to taste before serving with a side of cauliflower rice, sauteed green beans, or steamed broccoli.
*Shown in the picture with sauteed Bok Choy.