Fall has arrived, so at my house it is pumpkin EVERYTHING! I was excited to find this recipe for pumpkin cornbread. A few simple changes made it a healthier, gluten free, dairy free alternative to that boxed cornbread from the store.
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 1 tbs White Vinegar
- 1 cup Cornmeal
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Cloves
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/3 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 (15 oz) can Pumpkin Puree
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat a 8 inch round pan (or cast iron) with cooking spray.
- Stir together almond milk and vinegar and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together cornmeal, almond four, salt, spices, and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, thoroughly combine oil, sugar, and pumpkin puree until smooth.
- Add almond milk mixture to wet ingredients, followed by dry ingredients until combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before cutting and serving.