This may just be the leanest, cleanest, metabolism boosting meal possible. Yet, its far from boring or flavorless. Be sure to choose the freshest ingredients for this simple but impressive meal.
- 1 lb Sea Scallops
- 1 lb Asparagus
- 1/4 cup Shallots, minced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tbs Thyme, chopped
- 2 tbs Lemon Juice
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tbs Avocado Oil
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic and cook about minutes until softened.
- Add thyme and asparagus, cooking and stirring frequently about 2 minutes, then remove from the pan.
- Increase heat to high and sear scallops one minute per side.
- Decrease heat to medium, add all ingredients back into the pan. Stir in lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and cook until asparagus is crisp-tender about 4 more minutes (be sure not to overcook scallops). Sprinkle with addition thyme and/or lemon juice to taste.
* This dish is great served with lemon infused rice or garlic mashed cauliflower. Enjoy!