Two fruits say summer yummy to me . . . strawberries and coconut. Combining them into a smooth and creamy spread makes the perfect mix of butter and jam.
Strawberry butter tastes great on bread, pancakes, rice cakes, or even out of the jar. We spread it on warm buckwheat biscuits right after it was made and put the rest in the fridge for later. I can't wait to think of more ways to use this!
The best news - it's dairy-free and packed with nutrients instead of preservatives.
- 2 cups Fresh Strawberries, halved
- 2 cups Coconut, unsweetened
- 2 tbs Coconut Oil
- Add coconut to a food processor and blend until it becomes a powder-like consistency.
- Add the coconut oil and turn on high for another 2 minutes.
- Add strawberries and blend until totally smooth.
*I have also made this when I've had extra coconut butter on hand (which is basically what you are making in steps 1-2). In this case, you just blend the coconut butter and strawberries and it comes together much quicker.