Imagine a cross between banana bread and donut holes . . . yes, it's as good as you imagine. And when you take away the gluten, dairy, and refined sugars it is still so satisfying on a cool fall morning.
Banana Bread Bites
- 3 Ripe Bananas
- 2 tbs Ground Flax Seed
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tbs Swerve Powdered Sweetener
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 1 tbs Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbs Swerve Powdered Sweetener
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl beat bananas, flaxseeds, and vanilla until smooth. Then add the egg until incorporated.
- Stir in baking soda, powder, cinnamon, Swerve, and flour until a thick batter forms.
- Use wet hands to mold the batter into 12 small balls.
- Bake for 10 minutes until balls have set. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the glaze. Add more oil if too thick or more sweetener if to thin. When glaze is smooth, spoon over the banana bites.
- Place baking sheet immediately in the freezer about 10 minutes for glaze to set.